Monday, March 2, 2015

February

Well, February was hard for me. Seems like every year I'm reminded why I hate it. And this was a bad one. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

My dad passed away on the 17th. It was the 9th anniversary of my mom's death. My ridiculous sister made it all about her. Whatever.







L and I had therapy the next day (we took the bus, which was awful), and K had her anesthesia appointment and her final pre-surgery nutrition appointment. She had to get a friend to drive her, because it was too early in the morning for medi-van. They only appear to work between 10:00 and 2:00 or so. WTF? The good news is that there will be someone with us in the hospital to work out what meds they want us on, and what to do about our regular meds. So we don't even have to worry about that. Hooray!

On that Friday, we had my dad's funeral. My sister was so impatient to fly back home that she didn't even wait for his cremains to be ready. He was literally not at his own funeral. She was really mad that he left me his car, and that he'd told me about it ahead of time. There is a long story in there about how huge of a bitch my sister is, and how she reinvents the past so that it was the way she wants it to have been, but you know, I really can't do it justice in less than novella length. But my niece gave me the car keys and signed title at the funeral. (He'd signed over the title in January. Not even kidding.) I miss my dad.

Drove K to her final appointment before surgery last Friday. It was the consent signing, where you give them the $250 (or whatever you can afford, and then go talk to Susan about a payment schedule). It was a fairly short appointment. Keisha is still out on maternity leave, so someone else is filling in for her. K starts her two week protein shake diet today. Shit is getting really, really real. L & I have our final nutrition appointments this afternoon. I'll post about that when we get back.

K had all of her supplies (vitamins, protein shakes, etc.), so she's ready for the final lap, so to speak. I ordered protein shakes for L & me. We went with the Nectar Naturals orange and peach flavors. Buying tip: We got them from luckyvitamin.com instead of My Bariatric Pantry or Amazon. They were cheaper there, shipping was free for orders over $50, and since they're relatively nearby, they should be here in a few days. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment